Friday, August 23, 2002
Monday, August 19, 2002
Thursday, August 15, 2002
I do hope to use my buddy Alejandro's List CGI script to help with the future of TheSciFi.Com. It's this great script that will automatically list the contents of a directory as links. I already use the script a lot on ThePete.Com. So, we'll see how that goes. I'm also going to begin streaming videos longer than those Star Wars Commercials soon. I hope you like cartoons! Anyway, gotta run... keep watching the site for updates!! Woohoo!
Oh yeah and I'm also thinking about ditching the Times version of the main page - I'm not sure how much I like it but no one who has visited the site has said it sucks. So, if you do think it's sucks or if you like it, let me know!
Tuesday, August 13, 2002
Sunday, August 4, 2002
First off, the good King George W. Bush (according to the ever vigilant press), is talking about an Iraq Attack because they have either 1) supported terrorist network Al Qaeda or 2) have weapons of mass destruction. This war will cost billions and would be on top of our already waging 'war on terrorism'. As if you need another reason to NOT go to war against Iraq (ONE WAR AT A TIME PLEASE!) we have the following:
1) There has been no concrete connection drawn between Iraq and Al Qaeda. Even if there was, so what? Saudi Arabia and Pakistan both have documented connections with Al Qaeda. If we invade Iraq, then to avoid looking like inconsitent fools in the eyes of the rest of the world, we have to invade two of our supposed allies in the aforementioned 'war on terrorism'. Luckily, America hasn't cared what the rest of the world thinks about it since before we dropped the bombs on Japan. So, let's move on...
2) Scott Ritter is an ex-marine and voted for George W. Bush (not that King George would have lost if no one had voted for him), he is also an ex-employee of the United Nations. He worked for them as a weapons inspector in Iraq. He says that he personally oversaw the destruction of 90% of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction. This includes chemical and nuclear weapons. Ritter says that a good amount of the other 10% was accounted for when Iraq showed them a field where weapons and equipment were destroyed and then buried. The remains of the weapons and equipment were dug up and identified thanks to serial numbers on invoices from the original sale of the equipment. He now says that Iraq definitely doesn't have any weapons of mass destruction. He knows this because there are a limited number of places to buy the materials for weapons of mass destruction and they can be easily watched. These sources, according to this one man (who's opinion differs from those in charge), have not sold materials for building weapons of mass destruction to Iraq.
Even if evidence that Iraq does have connections with Al Qaeda and/or evidence is presented that suggests Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, why should we listen to the US government when they present us this 'evidence'? The FBI has recently stated they want to subject members of the Senate and the House to polygraph tests to confirm they haven't been leaking intelligence reports to the press. This means the FBI doesn't trust the Senate and House to be honest. Obviously, someone is leaking intelligence because we're hearing about all this Iraq Attack stuff. Then of course, the people who are leaking the intelligence about the US Iraq Attacking are leaking it because they don't trust that the Executive Branch (King George) knows what they are doing.
So, what do we have? A bunch of elected officials who don't trust each other about incredibly important, life-threatening, economy-risking issues.
Oh, yeah, we're in good shape. Just fiiiine.
Friday, August 2, 2002
Technically any good? Terrible, clunky EVERYTHING. Barely having anything to do with crop circles, the movie has aliens invading but the writer/director chooses to tell the story of the least effected people in the invasion. The pace is slow, editing laborious, the story bland and uninteresting.
How did I feel as the credits rolled? Glad I didn't pay for it. We don't even get a big twist in the end. This movie wastes the viewers' time. It strings you along and then leaves you hanging with nothing to show for it.
Final Rating? DNS (you see one alien in the whole film!)